Each proposal will be evaluated by at least two qualified experts from Human Biology or elsewhere in the University. Reviewers consider the following questions:
• Is the research question important?Based on the reviewers’ recommendations, the Honors committee assigns each proposal to one of the following overall evaluations:
• Is the background for the research plan adequately presented?
• Is the proposed methodology appropriate?
• Is the student prepared in terms of coursework, experience, understanding of methods and statistics?
• How adequate and appropriate is the supervision? Are there other readers who should be added to the committee?
• If the student is doing fieldwork, is there someone in the field who can give guidance if the need arises?